Wednesday, October 7, 2009

I don't get it

Whew. Today has been one of those days, ya know? I got up early to work out, which basically always means I also woke up sick. I swear, every time I try to commit to fitness, something happens like this. It's like I'm just meant to be a little chubby. 

Hopefully this extreme sore throat and fever won't stop me though.

Another thing on my mind today, is a close friend of mine. We've grown quite close over the past year. I tell this person most things about me. I feel that the depths of the friendship are pretty mutual as well.

A recent posting of mine had this person feeling the need to defend an alternative point of view. When they did so, I countered with more points from my own perspective, which left them feeling attacked. 

I'd like to distinguish that this person's comment did not upset me. They were being open/honest, which is all I did in return. I thought I could do so without hurt feelings.

Sometimes, my - uh - passion comes off too aggressively, I suppose. Nonetheless, I'd never do anything with purposeful intent to upset a friend. I value this friend's opinions and advice, I always have. I'd like to think that's all this was on both sides of it, and I'm hopeful it won't hinder our relationship.

But, for now, I'm off to chillax. Maybe I can shake this illness by morning.

1 comment:

  1. I'll call you tonight...I'm just a little bit of a baby. I think that I read to much into the wrong thing, ya know? When I reread the blog I understood where you were coming from because what I said wasn't what I meant to say at all- so then I felt stupid and was afraid that I'd upset you. I dunno. I'm an idiot sometimes.
    Sorry.

    ReplyDelete