Monday, August 2, 2010

23

I'm sad to say that my birthdays are just getting... weird. My parents (whole family, really) have always made huge deals about birthdays. We have always celebrated each others birthdays together with cakes and cards and gifts. Always. Even now that I'm turning... (wince) 23-years-old. But now... now my birthdays have become just the nagging reminder of age. I didn't think it would come to me so soon though - being bothered by getting older, I mean. I remember Cory running around the house for like a week after his 25th birthday saying that his life was 1/3 over and I remember thinking it was silly. In retrospect I didn't think my age would start getting to me until I hit my 30s. Psshh. I was definitely wrong. 

I'm not acting like one of those stupid skinny, skinny people who says their fat all the time (or someone really young who says their old). I know I'm still very young, but it's just the fact that my age has hit that point where there are no other age markers to look forward to. It's all downhill from here. 

I don't know. Getting older is just weird to me. It's like the older I get the more easily I remember being 'younger.' I don't feel like I've changed any, yet I've changed so much. Here I am, 23-years-old, married for 4 years, graduated from college, child-free... and it's all great. Ah, but it's all just happening so fast. Crazy. 

On a non-psychological, self-absorbed level I had a fantastic birthday. On Saturday I went to my parent's house and got to see and hangout with a lot of my family. I had a blast with them. When our family gets together there is usually a lot of laughing. And I love it! Between all of our 'blonde moments' (and we have lots of those) and the retelling of previous 'blonde moment' stories... there's be enough laughing to make your cheeks hurt. 

Then mom, my sis-in-law and I went to that wedding reception to be photographers. It was awesome. I think we did really well! Between the both of us we were able to get some really great angles and shots. I think that's the way to go for bigger events like that: have two photographers there. Between the both of us we had some good pictures. I can't wait to do some editing to them! I'm determined to learn PhotoShop this week! I will conquer it!

Yesterday it was just me and hubs. We had a fun-filled day! We went bowling, messed around in town for bit, went and seen Salt, then went out to eat and had Andys for dessert (of course!). It was a good day. It would have been much better if I hadn't been suffering from all these stupid asthma symptoms again lately. So frustrating! 

At this point I can only go about 4 or 5 hours before my breathing gets really bad. My chest will get super tight, then I get this horrible-sounding cough and then I just get that whole feeling like I can't get in air into my lungs. At that point, I have to take a breathing treatment. I have never in my life embraced breathing treatments the way I have been lately. I suck in those things as hard and fast as I can and then hold in my lungs as long as I can - I imagine myself to look somewhat like someone doing marijuana. It's even be so bad for the last week or so that it even wakes me up in the middle of the night. Literally, I take a treatment before bed and then about 4 hours later I'm awake and can't breathe. And I have to take one when I first wake up too. So I'm up to taking them about ever 4-6 hours. And it sucks. It's draining my body. But... at least I can breathe. 

I'm probably going back to the doctor tomorrow. Bleh. Not looking forward to that. 

Randomness:
  • I am a genius! I've been having all of these insanely weird, yet awesome, ideas for abstract photography. However, when I share them with other people I usually get 'the look.' Ya know, the look that someone gives you when they think you're crazy. However, I have put two of my ideas into action and they turned out AMAZING! I must get like a billion points for creativity if nothing else - and especially since that's what photographers are being pressed so much on these days: creativity. I won't share them with you yet. Must wait for my website to get finished and I'll put them on there. I suppose you would have to have an appreciation for abstract stuff to get it though. So some people probably won't like it at all - however... creativity... I'm tellin ya...you can't deny me creativity points for these!

No comments:

Post a Comment