Thursday, August 26, 2010

Furniture : Epic Fail.


This is the furniture that came in today:
































































The awkwardness of the two delivery guys coming to bring my furniture while I was at home alone was extreme. Especially since they were clothed as if going to a gym and then sweated and breathed heavily while they were moving it in as if they were at a gym. I stayed out of their way, sitting at the kitchen table 'occupying' myself. I didn't peek in the room because I didn't want to hover over them the whole time.

Cory got home for lunch before they left. It took the poor guys like an hour to put the bed together. 

So... when they asked us to come check out the room when they were finished and I walked in and something felt off... I was immediately nervous. I didn't say anything to them, because I couldn't quite place it at the moment. So I signed off on the furniture and as the guy walked out of the room I looked and Cory and said, "This is the wrong bed!" His face was priceless... followed by, "Seriously?!" 

My frustration in that moment was quite high. Again... we ordered this furniture in like May. We've waited forever for it... and for them to have ordered the wrong bed? I made the phone call immediately expressing my frustration. It was even more ridiculous because we had ordered a platform bed that you didn't need box springs for, but they had brought us this bed instead... with no box springs... and had just put the mattress in it with no box springs... it looked silly.

I got this long explanation about how the set had been ordered by two people and the other people had ordered the bed they had brought us and that they had the correct one in the store and would bring it to us today. However, a half hour later I got another call saying that my correct bed... had been damaged. They said they would bring us some box springs so that we could sleep on our bed and they would order the correct bed - again - and it would be here in 3 weeks. A bed that I've already waited 3 months for. I was livid. But, what could I do? Nothing really. I seriously thought about telling them to just come and get all of it and I'd order furniture from someone else and get it within 3 weeks. But, I wanted this stupid furniture. 

Super lame. 

Here is the bed we were suppose to have gotten today:














Guess we have to wait another 3 weeks before we get it  :'(

Oh well, for now we've got the mattress and can actually sleep on it with all the nice sheets, comforter, pillows, etc. I still have to replace the curtains and get some artwork up. But I'm pretty excited to be sleeping on "magic bed" tonight!!!

1 comment:

  1. I love the furniture girl! Good choice! Even if it's the wrong bed! :)

    ReplyDelete