This post is really just going to consist of a random, inconsistent collection of thoughts:
Last night the IV came out! After six days hooked up to one... it was definitely time. My poor hands and wrists are so sore and weak from trying not to move them for the past week. It's strange how freeing it is to be able to wash and brush my own hair, put toothpaste on the toothbrush, put in my contacts and get myself dressed.
Now, I'm on the oral version of the medicine for a week hard-core and then for a month taking it every other day. Lame. Not sure if I'll hold up to those doctor's orders. Poison. The medicine is poison... I'm tellin ya.
I took it upon myself this morning to do the dreadful weigh day. I haven't worked out in a week and a half or so and as mentioned before this medicine is in no way helpful for people trying to lose weight. However, I have maintained my weight since losing those 20 pounds. I'm happy about that. But, you could probably imagine my surprise when I stepped on the scale to discover I'd lost 2 1/2 pounds! Hey, I'll take it. It's probably because the medicine is eating me! Alright, not really, but it might as well be. I was surprised though. I've pretty much sat in front of my computer everyday for a week doing nothing but working on a PhotoShop workshop. It seemed inevitable that with the lack of Insanity and the lack of any sort of physical activity that I would probably have gained some weight back. But, I didn't. I'm thankful for that!
I can't get back to Insanity for another few weeks, but the doc said I'm good for getting out and doing other 'light' forms of exercise. I think the hubs and I are going to go buy roller blades. I've been wanting to roller blade for a while and he never wants to. But, he is working with my limitations. And I can't face my bicycle. Plus, my bicycle is still broken from the 'accident' from two years ago. Scarred for life.
I still feel and look like death. I'm so angry... all those tanning minutes and money from the summer sucked right from me in a week's time of being sick. All pale with the dark purple circles under my eyes. Bleh. Hopefully, the recovery process will kick in much faster when I go down to taking the meds every other day. I'm still not sleeping all the way through the night and I know that doesn't help at all. Rest is vital, yet somehow so impossible when I'm sick.
So... I may have mentioned this (I don't remember), but I entered one of our Hawaii sunset pictures into a contest! The winner gets $1000. There are 3 rounds, I think. The category for the first round is sunsets. You have to make top 100 ranking to get to move onto Round 2 - the category for Round 2 is Summer Fun. My photo has been fairly consistently sitting at number 20 and I haven't even sent any of my friends or family to vote for it (except Cory). I was pretty pleased with that. I'm feeling pretty confident about making it into Round 2 now, which makes me nervous because I only have like one photo idea for the picture and Cory seems to think it isn't relevant to the category.
And... I have an interview for that state job on the 18th at 9 o'clock!! [breathe, Tessa, just breathe] I'm so nervous.
No comments:
Post a Comment