I'm sure it was worth it for the entertainment of others though, as I took that first step out of the car onto my feet that now had wheels attached to them. My left foot flew out a little too fast and the body spasms and arm flailing began. No worries... the car was there, it prevented my fall.
I stood up straight again and took two good solid push offs with each foot and I was costing to the trail! Bad news was, getting from the sidewalk to the trail entailed a small downward hill. And tilting my right foot up high enough for my rubber 'brake' to slow me down seemed like too much to ask of my balance. So I just flew down that thing and grabbed the railing on the first bridge for dear life once I reached it. Talk about body spasms and arm flailing. It was probably hilarious.
The hubs and I were definitely playing it safe. But, our speed started getting more consistent and the body jerks and arm flaps decreased a lot. We were skating! Yay!
Then it was one of those movie-like moments where you've gotten over the hard part and finally started to relax... and we're skating side by side and at approximately the same moment we hit the first gap in a wood planked bridge that sent both of our feet forward while our bodies jerked backwards and our arms are flying everywhere trying to balance those two forces. Thank God for bridge railings... we both managed to catch ourselves. It was still hilarious though.
We skated up to the new waterpark and then back. On the way back I got a little more daring with my speed. Surprisingly the hubs could out skate me. Speed wise, that is. I was going what seemed to be really fast to myself and still couldn't quite catch him! Show off. It's probably the Asian bloodline.
Randomness:
- Job interview in the morning. I'm so nervous. And I keep second guessing it because every time I tell anyone I'm interviewing for a Children's Service Worker position they always get this look followed by some variation of a sad moan or gasp. It's quite flustering actually. I'm perfectly capable of doing this job. I think I have the perfect attitude and personality for it. I know I'll have to make hard decisions and my job won't always be sunshine and daisies, but I know the rewards that come from a job like this as well. I've always had a passion for bad parents... and for children. Seems like a good fit to me.
- Slowly starting to feel better. The medicine has officially made my face look a little swollen. So of course I'm self conscious about that. But, I haven't gained any weight! I weigh like every other day now. That's probably a bad thing, but I am determined not to gain weight back dangit! I'm pretty sure next week I'll get the okay to start Insanity again. I hope so.
- I was at the park yesterday taking one of my crazy photo ideas and there was a photographer there that has a studio in the mall, I think, he came over and chatted with me for a bit and then asked me to come and see him about a job. I haven't decided yet, but I'm thinking I'll at least go and see him. See what the offer is and what is required of me, etc. It was pretty exciting.
- Oh... and bloggers if you have my facebooks I finally put up Hawaii pictures!
No comments:
Post a Comment