Thursday, August 26, 2010

My lamps

Our bedroom furniture that we ordered from Ashley Furniture at the end of May (!!) is finally arriving today. It's all an attempt to create magic Hawaii bed. We really did need a new bed though, so we just pretend like it's an attempt to create magic Hawaii bed. So we refer to our new bed as "Magic Bed." I can't wait!! We've piece by piece - since May - been getting 'nice' things for it. Like comforters and sheets, etc. We wanted them all to be nice things instead of like the bed-in-a-bag from Walmart. Now, I'm not implying anything is wrong with that. It's the type of comforter/sheets I've slept on nearly my whole life. Including the one that's on our bed right now. However... "Magic Bed" has to have better than that especially in attempt to recreate Hawaii bed. So one month we ordered a down comforter...ah... it is like magic. So comfy. Later that month we ordered the duvet set for the comforter (the cover for your comforter... it's like a giant pillow case... for your comforter - because the down comforter is just white). The next month we got new, nice, soft, perfect pillows. This month we finally picked out the sheets. Ah... I so can't wait! It's suppose to be here between 1pm-3pm. 

So we've been looking for lamps because we'll actually have night stands now! However, lamps are expensive. Granted everything else about the bedroom set is too so that seems odd to say. But, jeez lamps can be really expensive. Plus, Cory and I agreeing on decor is crazy. Sometimes I wish he was just one of those guys that shakes his head to whatever I showed him because he really can't tell the difference or really doesn't care. *sigh* But, no. So we found these lamps at Target and we really liked the base of the lamp and I think it's vital that it has a pully-down string for the on and off. I hate the little twist knobs up in there near the bulb where you're reaching up there trying to find it and... I just think the pully-down switch is a must. And these lamps had the pully-down string. But all of the shades were blah... or very 'college student.' So... Cory suggested that we get the white ones and I could make them into what I wanted. I was hesitant, but agreed. So here are my $14 lamps:






































I definitely know they aren't perfect. Doing the circles was fun (not). The paint kept smearing just a bit... so some of the patterns look really rough (they're facing the back though, I figured if I got one side of them to look good I could live with that). The colors for the room are brown, maroon, and orange. Odd selection perhaps, but I think it will look awesome as a whole. Pics will be coming soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment