Saturday, October 23, 2010

8 years

It's so hard to believe that yesterday was mine and Cory's 8 year anniversary of being together. I remember that day so well too. We had actually first gotten together on September 16, 2002, four days later I broke up with him. I didn't really think I liked him. I thought I was just giving in to his persistency. He was hurt at first, but recovered quickly and went straight back to bugging me. He was definitely a strange one, but had his sweet moments too.

So, then, on October 22, 2002 I had missed school due to having had an asthma attack and had actually been admitted to the hospital. My mother had left the hospital at about 1 o'clock to go get some things from home and to bring us back some food. So I decided to take a nap.

When I woke up... there he was, sitting on the edge of my bed, holding my hand, just staring at me. And that is the moment my heart caved. He stayed the rest of the evening with me in the hospital and before leaving offered me his class ring - once again - and this time I took it.

It's crazy to look at our relationship and see how much it has changed and how much it is the same. He has changed me so much, not that he was ever trying to he just has. He has tamed me. Haha. I use to be a pretty short tempered person, I had a pretty big attitude in high school, and for the most part I probably seemed like a miserable person. Even though I wasn't, my actions made it seem that way. I do think some of that came from the way I was raised. My dad has bipolar tendencies and has always been a pretty unhappy person. He battles depression a lot too.

Nonetheless, I have changed. Cory is a large part of me being saved. He nearly dragged me into the church kicking and screaming. I'd had a bad history with churches and did not want to go. The second time I went with Cory was the day that I got saved. That of course started turning my whole world upside down then. And has continued to do so ever since. I am constantly needing to change more. To be molded into an image that is of Christ. And I'm far from where I need to be, but I do believe I'm slowly but surely getting there.

I love Cory with my whole heart! I believe with everything that it's me that God put us together. We are a great match for each other. I never thought Cory would be a poor husband, but I could never have imagined him being as providing and supportive as he has been for me. He is so sweet and so kind. Maybe not in the whole 'romantic, here are flowers and chocolates' all the time sense. But in many, many other ways. More real ways too. Like providing for us while I finished out my last few years of college. And encouraging me in job hunt. Taking care of me when I'm sick. Letting me always pick the restaurant. Giving me hugs and kisses when he comes in from work. Encouraging me during my weight loss adventure. And I could name a thousand more. But, you get the point :)

I loves you, Cory Michael! Thank you for choosing me and thank you for being a part of my life for the last 8 years... and many, many more to come!! <3  Happy Anniversary.

No comments:

Post a Comment