Today I went in to see the oral surgeon for my post surgery visit.
The first words out of his mouth were, "Oh, child, whatever you're doing keep it up and tell everyone else."
My secrets? Jesus. Prayer. Then, scrictly following doctor's orders. I did those horrible warm, saltwater rinses every 3-4 hours, 2 days after surgery I started rinsing with Scope... oh, and not eating any food for like a whole week.
After that he told me to GO EAT SOME FOOD. He claims that I'm in the clearing and I can eat whatever I want or whatever I'm comfortable with. I'm not sure I'm convinced.
The internets has done a horrible thing to me with all of its threatening stories about life threating infections caused from wisdom tooth extractions and dry sockets still being possible after the 7th day of surgery (the typical time frame for a dry socket is 3-5 days after surgery, it's said that past that you're 'out of the woods').
I'll probably be ridiculously cautious for one more week. Although, I am seriously craving a burger and some fries! So... we'll see who wins out on that battle.
He told me to go get some gum and start chewing it. All the time. He said it'd help strengthen my jaw muscles back up and my other teeth. So, when I got back to the office I popped a piece in... and chewing is... weird. And a little painful. I'm going to try to chew gum a lot over the next few days though, because my lower left teeth are real sore.
It's possible that I have a chip/fracture in my left jaw, but there's nothing they do for it except pain meds and rest :/
Last, they gave me this scary looking syringe so that after I eat, I can go fill it up with luke warm water, pull my mouth open, stick this thing into the opening of the holes in the lower sockets and rinse it out. Eh. Doesn't sound fun... or attractive.
Nonetheless, my recovery is going quite well and I'm so thankful!
God, You are so good to me. You really spoil me. Thank You. Love You!
No comments:
Post a Comment