Sunday, October 3, 2010

Weekend randomness

This weekend was crazy, chaotic, cold, exhausting and amazing!

We had our 2nd annual Feast of Joy (FOJ) with our church. It's basically a solid weekend of worship - with live bands - and prayer. It's going to be held the first weekend of October every year. It starts at like 3:00pm on Friday and ends at like noon on Sunday. Also, it's all outside. Our church sits on like 60 acres at the end of Jackson - they actually have a Millerville address. So we have a little lake out there and a giant deck-like stage built. They set up professional speakers and have stage lights and all that. Pretty cool.

We also served meals and had a "Snack Shack" with all kinds of treats for purchase - and very cheap comparatively speaking.

Cory played keyboard in three sets this year and I did photography for it! I got some great pictures.

We had a crew down from the KC, IHOP (international house of prayer - not pancakes) and we had a speaker down from Florida! And people who came in from all over the country. Literally. It was amazing.

Next, year I'm going to push even more for our local community involvement. I know we went around this year and met with a lot of the other churches and stuff, to inform them about it and invite them to it, but we had a lot of gaps in our worship schedule this year and I feel like inviting in other church's worship teams would be amazing. We need to break down the barriers of 'religion' and 'denomination' and we need to come together and get to know each other. Afterall, we should all have the same goal. And our church is truly quite friendly. So I'm hoping we can get some new, but local, musicians in for next year! I'm going to be all over that recruitment... so you can count on it!

It was so cold. I couldn't believe the rapid change in temperature. I was up there all day on Saturday and outside all day and was in a coat, with gloves on and a scarf wrapped around my neck! Brrr. This is what I hate most about Missouri weather: the sudden weather changes. Last week was amazing, but this weekend was just a little too chilly for me. I like being outside without sweating my existence away and without shivering. Where did my 70s go? The weather man is promising them all this week. We'll see.

Then, today after our last FOJ set, which actually didn't end until like 1 o'clock, we came straight back to Cape for a family reunion. It was nice, we got to see a lot of family that we haven't seen since our wedding! But, we'd just ran all weekend long that we were exhausted.

We got home about 3:30 and crashed into boredom and nothingness. It was nice.

I got to encounter God very closely this weekend. And I have even more of a hunger to transform my life to line up according to His will. I hate falling into the mundane, habitual schedule of 'life.' I want to make my own sacrifices. I want people to look at my life and know that I'm a saved person. I want to witness to them. I want to be the body of Christ. I don't want to be the mouthy, outspoken person with an I-don't-care attitude. And that is the person I am. I've always been raised to 'not let people walk all over you.' And have often even thought, "I can't believe I let them talk to me that way or treat me that way." When in all reality look at what Jesus went through? What if He had thought that way? It is about humility. And I want to give up my pride. The bible says if someone sins against you 7 times in one day, then you should forgive them 7 times. My angry grudges are something I have got to get over. I want to be filled with love and happiness. Afterall, I am a Christian. I should be among the happiest, most encouraging, gentle, sweet, joyful people on the Earth. And I hope that I truly start to seek that daily. I know it's not an overnight process and that I'll have my temptations and my fallbacks, but I am ready and willing to change my life for Jesus! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment