Sunday, October 24, 2010

Turns out...

...wisdom tooth extraction is a great contribution to weight loss. I've lost like 5 pounds this weekend. Mainly because
  1. My jaws hurt too bad to open wide enough to actually eat food
  2. I really am not hungry
  3. I'm afraid of food, afraid that it will contribute to a dry socket
Cory went out and bought some of those like meal replacement/protein drink things. I have tried slim fast before and hated it, so I didn't have high hopes. But he got me these chocolate ones in two different brands: Special K and Boost. I actually like both of them. And I feel much more comfortable drinking down some protein/calories than trying to chew them up and swallow them. I've also been downing some pudding snack packs.

I imagine myself to be somewhat like feeding an infant. I pretty much take a spoonful of pudding, rake it in my mouth and then wait for myself to eventually swallow before shoveling in another one. It takes me like a half hour to eat one snack pack. Ah, just enough energy to keep me going. I'm sure my diet will slowly return to normal this week.  I am so weak and exhausted, which seems so weird considering I've laid around and slept most of the weekend. 

Ugh, this morning I woke up with some pretty intense pain in my left jaw. It hurt so bad :(  I was having a hard time even opening my mouth wide enough to pop back some pain pills. I was worried for a while that it was probably fractured, as that happens often during surgical removal of wisdom teeth. Although, even when that happens there's nothing that can really be done for it other than pain pills and rest - which I'm already all over both of those methods. But, the tension has lessened some this evening. I hope tomorrow is even better. 

I am going to work tomorrow too :(  I'm mainly just going in for a staff meeting, which will probably not even apply to me because I've only been there a few weeks - hopefully it will be just listening. I can't talk all that well right now anyway. Then, I'm meeting briefly with my supervisor afterwards to get my follow-up client list! By the end of the week I should probably have my active client list! I'm excited! But, that's all I plan on doing tomorrow. Then, probably coming home and sleeping some more. Sleep is good. There is no pain when you sleep. 

This whole thing seriously falls in like the top three of extremity of physical pain for me. Not fun. I keep telling Cory it's not worth it. Maybe a weeks worth of pain would outweigh the pain that I felt a few weekends ago though, especially if it did happen every few months when the wisdom teeth tried to move or something. Oh, that was pretty painful. I have no tolerance for toothaches. 

Ah...
  • Jesus, thank You! Thank You for walking me through this whole process. Thank You for keeping the blood clots in place! Please, keep them in there! Continue to ease the tension in my jaw and help me recover fully! Love you! You are an awesome God. 

No comments:

Post a Comment