Saturday, January 15, 2011

Car shopping

Today, we went to look at cars. Unfortunately we're in the market for a used car, mainly because mine keeps messing up. I don't really want to get my new, new vehicle just yet. For a few reasons: 1) I really want a Toyota Rav4 or Prius and both of those are at an expensive level that we really shouldn't commit to just yet. 2) I want my new, new car to be like my 'mommy' car and I'm not ready to have kids just yet. I'm not really at a spot in life that would easily support to addition of an infant. Too much stress and work. 

So... that leaves us browsing the used cars. It's always so hard, because you just never really know what to expect. Granted, I did buy the Aveo brand-spankin' new and it's given me more problems than any of the many used cars either of us have ever had. Grrr. 

I love Jeep Liberties. We found an '07 that seems like a good deal. I've spent a ridiculous amount of time on Kelley Blue Book and reading consumer vehicle reviews. Cory's stuck on wanting to get a Japanese made vehicle, which limits us to Honda and Toyota. I'm fine with both of those, but they're known for their quality and so... unless I want a really ancient vehicle, even the used of these can be pricey. 

So the Jeep people closed at 2:00 today, so we didn't get the opportunity to test drive or talk about trade-ins and such. We'll be there on Monday morning though! I also like the idea of have a 4 wheel drive vehicle too. Not that we have a wealth of weather that calls for it, but every time it's snowed in the last 12 months, my weak little car and skid and slid all over the road. It's terrifying. 

There was also a Honda Fit that we both loved! Very cute little car. It was also an '07 and had pretty low miles and such. The guy made us a nearly irresistible offer. But, Cory put his poker face on and told the guy we'd have to think about it. He kept making it better and better too. He definitely was a go-getter and really wanted our business today. 

It sucks that they're all closed tomorrow. But, on Monday I'll get back to it!

No comments:

Post a Comment