Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Networking

I got the prints of our flyers! We're going to start handing them out this week. We're going to hand them out anywhere that we can.

On a bigger networking note, we met with the Arts Council Monday night and it went really well! We were able to become members of the Around Town Network and we were able to get in on the First Friday of Arts. In case you aren't familiar, it's sort of like a little tour on the first Friday of every month that promotes a bunch of galleries in Cape. They pay for a shuttle service too, it stops at each of the locations periodically throughout the evening from 5pm - 9pm.

I'm so excited about this. They were all really nice, encouraging, and very supportive as well. They've all offered to help promote us by telling their own customers about our grand opening and by letting us display flyers and cards in their areas of business. They also gave us names of other people to help us get even more connected with the community and to get our name out there. After all, word-of-mouth is the best kind of marketing.

It feels good to be involved with this. And all the support is really nice. It's definitely something that we need and appreciate!

I'm also pretty excited about just being involved with something in our community. I've been here for a while and I've never made any efforts to be involved in anything. I think I'm going to really enjoy this. At the meeting on Monday there were two other new agencies from the community wanting to reach out and support the Around Town Network. So, I think it's going to turn into even a better deal :)

So very awesome. The Lord sure has blessed us! If His hand weren't in it, it wouldn't be happening <3

No comments:

Post a Comment