Friday, January 14, 2011

On a happier note

I'm not typically such a pessimist. I actually think of myself as an optimist even. I'm like the happy-go-lucky girl that's slightly bi-polar. Not really bi-polar. I don't have sudden mood swings or often mood swings. I'm just a little short tempered. 

I also believe with everything inside of me that I have extremely high stress tolerance. So, all the breaking down lately has caught me by surprise. It's like I've been being stressed about being stressed. I don't usually cave under pressure like this. I think it's just all been too much too fast. 

I promise to have lighter posts in the future. Out of all the crazy things going on right now, I know they're all happening for a reason and that God has blessed every one. I will persevere (get use to hearing that one). 

Today, we accomplished a lot for the studio. We have nearly all of our content ready to go for the site. It might not make the cut by the end of the weekend, but I feel safe saying at some point before or within the next week we will have our website up! Whew. 

N and I went and picked out little tables to set in the window for displaying stuff on! I love them. They're square tables with black frames and red leather tops. They were like perfect for our studio and even a nice match for the logo design! We're going to set little table-easels on them and display pictures. We have two large easels and two tables for the window now. We're going to have a huge canvas print on one, probably a gatorboard, and gallery wrap too, and then probably just a framed photo. 

I started rekindle my original excitement for the studio this afternoon. With all the stress and trials lately, it had all become so...blah. So, I'm quite excited to be back in the happy, giddy, ecstatic moods for it. 

We have our grand opening date! It's going to be February 4th! Yay! So much to get done between now and then, but I'm so happy we have a deadline to work towards now - and to keep us on task.

I'm also getting a new camera! Yay! I'm getting a new Canon that just came out in September of this year, and it was awarded "Camera of the Year" by Canon and Photo Magazine. I sat down with my partner and we did a lot of researching a reviewing. I'm pretty sure I know all the specs of Canon's cameras now. Honestly, in the professional camera category, there aren't a lot of big differences in the camera's. A lot of them are pricey these days because of the 1080p video. But, I'm not getting a camera for it's video capabilities.

But, the one B suggested was the camera I was leaning toward anyway and he helped me confirm that by it being his choice as well. He already has the 7D, so I didn't really want to get that one - though it is an excellent camera. I can't wait to get it! I may get it soon! Especially if we go to St. Louis to look for cars (bleh). Otherwise, I'll probably hold out until the beginning of February. 

No comments:

Post a Comment