Sunday, January 16, 2011

Spoiled evening

So today, after being at church the entire first part of the day and then at the studio all evening I came back home to the hubs. He had been working on the website and was eager to show me some progress. 

He didn't really make it the way we'd originally agreed on and so I didn't approve. I never once raised my voice, but I'm sure I had an irritated tone when I started telling him what I didn't like and he got quite offensive and started being ridiculously sarcastic and just mean. It ended with him telling me to, "just get out of here, because you're making me really angry." 

I said "whatever," and stomped from the room. 

So... now... here it is 8:00pm and we haven't eaten dinner and we've just wasted 2 hours of our evening sulking. I didn't do anything wrong. Perhaps I could have baby-talked my suggestions to him, but he's an adult. He should be able to take some constructive criticism.

I know the website deadline has got him stressed out, but him acting like a jerk doesn't get anything accomplished. Instead, it has just wedged us apart on a rare evening that we could have been spending together. And I refuse to cave, even though my stubbornness is just as big a contribution to our ruined night, I'm sick of being the one to always cave. I'm sick of talking to him like he is one of my clients with Autism. I don't care if he does have Asperger's. He chooses to act this way, when he could choose otherwise. I'm sure the same applies to me, but whatever. 

He's suppose to be my endless patience and support. Especially on the business front. He acts like I'm just tearing down his work for no reason. And, despite his defense, he does act like he's the only one doing something. Never mind the countless evenings I've spent at the studio - including today. Or the countless phone calls I've made. Or the countless meetings I've held. Or the countless consultations I've had with the partners getting website content ready for him. 

Ugh, I'm just so mad I could cry! I think that's what I need to do. I need to go sit in a room and cry for a few hours. Get it all out.

I hate that he responded that way and I hate that my evening is spoiled because of it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment