I can officially fall into the redneck/white trash category.
The hubs came in from running some errands and the first words from his mouth were, "Hey Hun, there's a wood desk out in front of the apartments, free for the taking. It looks decent. Sturdy."
I should have been immediately concerned. But, nope. I, unquestioningly, get up and follow him the few buildings down to see a huge, wooden desk with a piece of paper reading "free" on it. I tap on it, shake it a bit and then try to pick one side the monstrous thing up. It barely moved.
"Yeah, let's take it." Cory suggests.
"Seriously?" My exaggerated question was ignored by him clearing other things from the desk so that we could carry it.
After maneuvering several times and switching sides once, we manage to pick the thing up. We start to cross the street and the burning sensation in my arms and hands that were griping awkwardly at the bulky desk gave out, so I dropped my end. We stood there in the middle of the street bantering about the stupid thing, before readjusting and finally wobbling into our driveway. We roughly set it down and walked back to the place we'd gotten it from for a drawer... or something. I giggled the whole time about the hilarity and gheto-ness of the situation.
Then... then, we had to get it inside. Fingers and hands got smashed, the handrails leading downstairs nearly got knocked off, and the bantering and giggles continued; but the stupid thing is in the stupid 'man cave...' for now.
No comments:
Post a Comment