Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Insanity anger

We've been doing Insanity again. I've really committed to it too! We get up at 6am, which is so hard for me, and I kill myself for an hour before really starting my day! I've been really pushing through too, y'all. I've been working hard and not taking any breaks. I've added in an ab workout after Insanity. I've been keeping up with my calories and not going over! 

So, when we wrapped up Month 1 and I'd gained 4 pounds, I was furious! Why? How? I went like 6 months with slackish and lazy workouts which were few and far between and maintained all of my weight loss. I commit to another round of Insanity and after the first month I've gained 4 pounds?! UGH!

I was so ready to give up. Why should I greet each day with a vigorous workout that makes me feel like death and fret and count calories when it proved to fail its purpose? 

Cory is denying my will to give up. He said he thinks we still need to make some dietary changes. Even though, I feel like we've made several. He's asked me to let him prepare our shopping list and our entire menu for next month. He said at the end of Month 2 of Insanity if I haven't seen progress - with realistic expectations - that we can try it my way. I guess that sounds fair. So, I agreed. Though, sometimes Cory goes all nazi on me, so I'm going to have to keep him in check. I'm not going on some extreme crazy diet, because I know myself too well for that. I will fail. I will cheat. Realistic expectations have to come from both ends. 

Even though I am heavily discouraged at this point, I am going to finish up this round and I am going to try Cory's diet ideas. We'll see where I'm at in one month.

No comments:

Post a Comment