I've blogged before about my adventures with Jehovah Witnesses. Ever since my little spat with them nearly two years ago they haven't been back.
Today when the door bell rang I clumped up the stairs to answer it. About the time I unlocked both locks I realized how badly we truly needed a peek hole. I had no way of knowing who would be there. Unless, I did the obvious... which was looking through the kitchen or living room windows.
A man, dressed too nicely, wearing a beret-styled hat, and carrying a stack of pamphlets greeted me. I smiled to play along, though I immediately knew what his business would be.
After receiving the rehearsed speech I was asked for a moment of my time. I kept the smile and very cheerfully I told the nice man that he was very welcome to come inside of my home and talk about Jesus, but that if he chose to do so that we would be discussing only my beliefs.
He seemed to ponder that for a moment whether he was caught off guard, figuring out a nice rebut, or truly considering my offer. He decided to offer me one of his pamphlets and told me that every year Jehovah's Witnesses gather to commemorate Jesus' death on its anniversary and proceeded to tell me that myself along with my entire family was invited to join them. He placed the paper in my hand, wished me a nice day, and then walked away.
I think I spent less time on that endeavor than I did on the one nearly two years ago.
Success.
No comments:
Post a Comment