Tuesday, August 16, 2011

FB Flustered

From time to time, my fb news feed gets me all riled up. And I want to comment on things so bad, but I don't want to come off as snobby or arrogant or 'better than you.'

Gah! Sometimes it's so hard to act out of love. I want to have wisdom and boldness and I want to challenge people's belief systems, but honestly most people aren't receptive to having their beliefs challenged. Because it's just so much easier to stay in our little boxes than to really consider and change our perspectives.

Geez, believers nowadays are so judgmental! And I'm such a free spirit that sometimes I walk the thin line of judging the judgers. I don't want to judge them, I really don't want it to seem like I am. Maybe I just don't know how to say it right, - and maybe that's why I shouldn't say anything at all - but I'm not judging them. I'd just like to help them see how they are being judgmental. But... how do you do that without seeming judgmental yourself?

You're going to giggle when you read what brought this on: [ready for it?] vampire stories.

I know I've blogged about this too many times already. But, I'm seriously reaching a snapping point with it. I'm really afraid that I'm going to go on a crazy rampage in front of too many people about how ridiculous it all is and then I'll lose my witness to them.

In Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John Jesus says that you aren't defiled by input but by the outputs of your heart. Christianity is about output, not input. It's about the fruit that you produce, the way that you act, your attitude, your behaviors, your obedience to God's word. People need to stop assigning unspoken evil holds over things where there shouldn't be any!

And people seriously need to stop making implications about things happening in people's lives because they have read/watched some of these stories/movies. It's so judgmental. So judgmental. And it's very condescending. 

No comments:

Post a Comment