Monday, April 16, 2012

clearance puppy

Aiko was in fact a clearance puppy. We tease her about it all the time. Most people would just think it's mean, but it's really just code for how ridiculously cute, sweet, and precious she is. 

Tonight's humor in regards to it went like this:

Aiko is laying on her back, entangled in the blanket that's on my lap, with her hair a mess, half asleep, with her teeth showing, and a small portion of tongue hanging out. It was stupid cute. 

Cory comes to pick her up - all the while keeping her on her back (it's weird how much she likes being on her back, we've conditioned her too much to be infant - like) - giving her kisses and loving on her in a pretty ridiculous way considering she's a dog.

At which point he says, "You should take her back and hold her up like this" he stretches her out in front of me before continuing with, "and tell them that something is wrong with it."

I play along chuckling and add, "I think we missed our window of opportunity for taking that thing back."

He looks at her adoringly and states, "Yeah. Maybe."

"But, she's crazy cute and pretty good. So for hundreds of dollars less than her brothers and sisters she ended up being clearanced and way better." I say. 


"Sometimes the clearance stuff is as good as the name brand stuff." He tells her.

"Sometimes the clearance stuff is the name brand stuff that nobody else wants." I mumble. 

There was too long of a silence before I looked up to see Cory staring at me, mouth gaping, while shielding Aiko's ears.

No comments:

Post a Comment