I didn't lose a tooth, but still.
My tooth is finally - and hopefully - fixed. I went in for my - again hopefully - last dentist visit this past Wednesday.
The dentist and I still have a passive-aggressive relationship, which always makes the visits entertaining.
He opened it all back up, pulled out the files and was able to put the permanent fill in. Luckily, I didn't need a crown or anything. Yet. I'm slightly worried about that because I've read so much about root canal teeth fracturing because you no longer have feeling in them. So, if something happens to that tooth you don't even feel it and it could escalate quickly. I've been quite aware of this particular tooth for like a year, hopefully I'll maintain that and on top of normally scheduled dentist visits maybe I can keep it from having anymore problems.
He was surprised to see me after only a few weeks had passed though. He told me they usually wait 4-6 weeks between these visits because of the numbing shot. It apparently goes into your jaw muscles instead of just the nerve.
He wasn't joking. The next day when I woke up and yawned I thought it was going to bring me to tears.
He told me that they did just use files to scrape out the gum-line below the tooth and frequently squirt it with a hydrogen peroxide cleaning solution and thus I could expect it to be sore/tender.
"It shouldn't be anything too bad and should only last a few days," he told me.
False.
It hurts so bad again! I still can't chew on it and it hurts pretty consistently throughout the whole day. I've been been popping back ibuprofen pretty regularly again.
Hopefully it'll get back to normal soon and this whole thing will be over.
As soon as it does… I'm suppose to go in for a cleaning. Ha!
No comments:
Post a Comment