Sunday, April 15, 2012

remodel

We have a lot of home tasks coming up that I am so excited about. I'm not excited about the process, but I'm so excited for the finished product!

After several months of pleading my case, we are finally cutting a hole in the wall! Yay!

I've always felt like our living room and dinning room are very closed off from each other, so I've always wanted to cut a hole in the wall that divides them. Not just that, but I've wanted to cut a hole in the wall and install like a butcher-block or countertop or something. A bar of sorts. This would also help out in the kitchen, because our kitchen isn't really that small, but when you try to combine it into a kitchen and dinning room it does feel a little cramped. So this will also eliminate the need for a table. 

The hole is going to be like 8 feet wide and a hold a 8'x3' countertop piece that is 40 inches in height. 

We're also putting in some sort of hard wood floors in the living room. This will allow us to have four bar stools on each side of the countertop. 

We're cutting the hole next weekend. Then we're ordering the countertop piece. After that I'm painting the entire upstairs before we have the new floors put in!

I'm so, so, so excited!!

This weekend we moved everything from the living room and piled it downstairs - which was a real task for me and Cory. Neither of us are big people and the furniture was too big to maneuver down the stairs from the inside. So we had to take it all out the front door, around the house, and in through the basement door. It sucked. My arms are still hurting today.

The dust from cutting a hole in sheetrock is apparently intense. The hole cutting is going down on Friday. So, I'm sure I'll be taping up plastic over cabinets and doorways and anywhere else possible Thursday night. I'm also really glad the carpet will be going right after, that way I won't have to worry about cleaning it. 

Before and after pictures coming soon :)

No comments:

Post a Comment