Sunday, April 15, 2012

hide and seek... for adults


A few days ago I was mowing the lawn and it made me remember my adventures from the last time I'd mowed the lawn - because even the dullest of things seem to turn eventful in my life. 

So, I'm out back mowing when I see these two, full-grown, adult women wandering around on the opposite side of the creek from my yard. I thought it was odd, but just kept to my task. 

A few minutes later I notice that they've circled around the creek and are now wandering around people's yards on my side of the creek. They get to my property, at which point I stop pushing the mower to stare at them questioningly. The older one who I imagined to be mid-30s, is slightly over-weight, and had a pale complexion with red hair and walked straight past me and went into my shed!

I turn off the mower to look at the younger one who I'm guessing was somewhere around mid-20s, also over-weight, had a darker complexion, and long dirty-looking black hair and ask with a tone, "What are you doing?"

She smiles nicely and says, "Oh, we're just looking for this guy who is making us find him." As if it just writes off them wandering around my property unwelcomed and uninvited. 

"Well, you're on my property and that's grounds for self defense to anyone unwelcome. And you are unwelcome," I tell her. She just stares at me as if the words I spoke don't make sense. 

My husband was also in the shed getting out the weed-eater and had a very brief interaction with the older one. 

I tell them no one is here at which point the red-headed one goes up my deck stairs and starts looking around my carport. I quite literally chase after her and slam my carport closet door shut just as she's opening it and say, "No one is here and you both need to go." 

The red-head never says anything, but the black-haired one says okay and they slowly wander off my property while shooting frantic glances around everywhere. As I finish mowing I see them continuing in similar acts around the surrounding properties and my irritation grows. 

By the time we finish mowing - which puts them having wandered around my neighborhood for at least an hour and a half - I see the cop car. I'm guessing a neighbor called. 

The guy they are looking for apparently may have went into an unlocked home or shed or closet - I overhear them tell the officer this. He explains that doesn't give them any right to look around other people's property and offers to help.

It's dark at this point and I go inside to clean up, I made Cory search every inch of the house because all of our doors had been unlocked for hours while we were outside doing yard work. When it all seems clear, I get ready to go into town for a few things. 

I'd seen the cop car leave and assumed the situation was wrapped up. So when I stroll out to the car and the two ladies are on the edge of my property in between the curb and my big tree, I get flustered again. When they see me they step back out onto the street and eye me angrily. Their looks annoyed me. Why were they looking at me like that? Maybe they assumed I'd called the cops. 

Since I am about to leave my property the whole thing makes me uneasy and so I do call the cops as I'm leaving my house. They seem aware of the situation and the lady tells me they'll send out another officer and make sure the two ladies get back home. 

I circled the block like three times thinking they were just waiting for me to leave before they got back in my carport to dig around. 

However, each time I circled they were still just standing there at the curb. 

I have no idea what was going on or what they were actually doing. When I got back home they were gone, and I searched all of my property and house before I could relax a bit; however, even then I was on edge... just waiting for some crazy to jump out and knife me or something. 

Very creepy and odd situation. I'd never seen either of them before and have lived here for almost 4 years now. They definitely have something lacking in the realm of social appropriateness. And what were they doing anyway?! What kind of grown man hides out somewhere and has two grown people look for him? And what two grown people would actually do that anyway?

These kinds of things are not suppose to happen on the north side of town.

No comments:

Post a Comment