Alright, you know what's coming… all the mushy stuff about how amazingly awesome, kind, supportive, loving, adorable, and everything else that my husband is. They're all true. He's an amazing man, an amazing person, and all of that is present in his role as my husband.
Geez! Six years ago today I had done it. I had survived my husband forgetting my ring, a fight with my sister, the wedding party walk getting messed up because a flower girl wouldn't walk out, me almost catching on fire, the a/c freezing up at the church and it being a little too warm.
I had done it.
If our wedding had been symbolic for the way our marriage would be the theme would be: disaster.
My wedding may not have been that perfect, stainless memory that so many claim theirs was and so many hope theirs will be, but it was definitely a memorable day nonetheless. And our goal was accomplished - we got married.
My marriage has been amazing. I have no complaints. I have a really good husband, especially when I hear stories and obtain personal observations from other people's husbands. Those only make me appreciate mine that much more.
I've also been hearing a lot of bitter opinions on marriage lately too - from like old classmates and friends. Well, about getting married young anyway. To be fair, you only hear those kinds of opinions from girls reaching early-to-mid 20s who haven't been in a serious enough relationship yet to think about marriage. To me, getting married is about knowing that you love someone, that you care about them, and knowing that you're never going to want to be with anyone else as much as you want to be with them. Ever. So, then, age doesn't matter. I got married when I was 18-years-old, but I don't go around blabbing about how everyone should get married by 18. So, why do people who don't get married until they're 25 or 30-years-old advocate that everyone needs to wait that long, and go on and on about 'what the rush is?' Who cares? I've never understood why it's so hard for people to accept things that are different from how they'd do it. It just ties in with all of my stronger belief systems of: if everyone would just mind they're own freaking business the world would be a better place.
Anyway, I've been wanting to vent about that for a while. I'm just saying, I'm 24-years-old and I'm having my 6 year wedding anniversary and this year we will reach our 10 year mark of being together. I think that's amazing. I'm very proud of it (if you couldn't tell). I'm proud that we got married young and we've accomplished so much. I'm proud that we got married young and somehow we seem to do it better than a lot of other people. I'm proud that we got married young and both still achieved college degrees. I'm proud that we got married young and are still child free. I'm proud that we got married young and still have our spark. I'm just proud of us and of our relationship.
Cory Michael, I love you! Happy Anniversary!
No comments:
Post a Comment