Warning, I'm going to babble about something politically and spiritually related, if you get worked up easily in regards to these issues you should stop reading now. Thanks.
I so badly wanted to say this on another social network, but the hubs thought people would see it as trolling and get all worked up. So I've avoided that, but decided I had to vent about it somewhere.
Blog, you are the chosen one.
It cracks me up how Christians - and other Christ believers / followers - can get so worked up over the government using their forces unconstitutionally in regards to a health care plan, but they're perfectly fine with the government using their forces unconstitutionally in the way of say… gay marriage.
I said it best recently when I told somebody, "I just think if Christians don't love gay people, then gay people will never become Christians."
People don't rally and rant about making a lot of things illegal… like lust, or taking the Lord's name in vain, or not serving God at all, or disrespecting your parents, or not loving your neighbor… sure some of the hard-core ones like murder and stealing made the list, but what's with the hypocrisy here?
God gave us freedom, and we fight and honor freedom (supposedly), yet so many people get so worked up demanding gay marriage should be illegal(?!). I can't find anything inside of me that understands that perspective.
Aren't we suppose to be the body of Christ? Shouldn't our attitudes and actions reveal that?
How do you think we look to a person who is confused or in love with someone who's the same sex as them when we're demanding they not even have the right to choose that path? Or when we angrily and aggressively mock their way of life? Does anybody really think that those actions will be the life-altering moment that changes "that sinner's" life?
News Flash, in case you didn't get the memo: We are all sinners.
I actually knew someone in high school who was going to the same church that I got saved at, but he was confused about his sexuality. He said he felt attracted to another guy, and yet claimed he'd felt and loved the Lord. He was confused. It was a sin, and he knew it, but he was still struggling with it. You wanna know what happened to him? A lady arrogantly went off on him, not understanding how he could possibly be confused, in a very inappropriate and assertive manner. He never came back. And he did go after that same-sex relationship after all.
Hmm. Seems like a lot of people have sin that they struggle with in life and they don't get completely torn apart for it.
We're suppose to be filled with love and joy. We're suppose to be witnesses for Jesus. We're always witnesses. And we may be the only Jesus that some people see and know. So, how do we want them to see and know our Jesus?
Think about it. Think about how judgmental we are (I say we, because I definitely include myself).
It's just so sad how many people I've seen vow to never go to church, vow to never be a "Christian," because of the way a claimed Christian has treated them. And honestly I can't blame them at all.
It's just sad… and it's just the kind of thing that gets me worked up. Unfortunately. No offense intended, I'm just one of the ranting ones today.
No comments:
Post a Comment