Sunday, November 8, 2009

Geocaching

Coming straight from the geocaching website the explained event is,
"Geocaching is a high-tech treasure hunting game played throughout the world by adventure seekers equipped with GPS devices. The basic idea is to locate hidden containers, called geocaches, outdoors and then share your experiences online. Geocaching is enjoyed by people from all age groups, with a strong sense of community and support for the environment."
Basically it's a game people play with a GPS. Someone hides something, posts its coordinates, and others find it using their GPS. Cory recently stumbled upon this existence and wanted to participate. It sounded lame at first and I was hesitant, but I gave in. Giving in entailed one hour in public parking lot, standing in the dark, late on a Saturday night, and two hours in the county parks today. 

I know that makes it not sound fun. But, we finally found one in the county park. It really did create a paying off feeling.

Side notes: 
  • Cory preached at church on Friday and it was without exaggeration or bias one of the best messages I've ever heard. 
  • Today our pastor was gone and the message delivered bothered me by its shallowness and I almost brought this up during the service itself...hey, the guy opened up the floor for discussion. You most certainly should never do that unless you are fully prepared for the contradicting views... and he wasn't. 
  • No power on campus = campus is closed until noon, but my class doesn't starts until noon. Lame.

No comments:

Post a Comment