Must vent, must vent, must vent!
Just in case the people I'm referring to do read this blog, I don't care. If you get angry, then stop reading.
I had a grandma pass away tragically four years ago, right in front of me. I was the one who made the 911 call, and I watched my mother and SIL perform CPR. I watched as my dad and grandpa fell completely apart.
It was one of the most devastating things I've ever had to witness in my life.
My grandma had a large collection of jewelry and collectable like things, that she'd already started dividing up to go to her grandchildren. It was so emotional for the longest time after her passing, that no one mentioned it, and my grandpa didn't go through it.
Very recently though, it finally was gone through. The reason? My younger cousin and ex, ex aunt (yes, you ready that right) started pitching a fit about not getting "their share" of it. They started this cute little tantrumming because they were under the false delusion that my sister and I had went and took whatever we'd wanted.
It brought on the events that had my dad, my grandpa, and my uncle tackling the task of dividing it up.
My uncle decided to let is girlfriend wear one of the necklaces that had been left for him. He did not give it to her, he let her wear it. The circumstances of them dating isn't ideal and not well liked by most of the family, but that is all beside the point. It was still his share of jewelry left behind by his mother. He can do whatever he wants with it.
When my younger cousin (his daughter) found out about this, she and her mother started up again. Even calling my grandpa to whine and complain about it. This upset my grandpa and he for some reason called my dad and told him to handle it. So, Dad told my uncle what all had happened.
So then my uncle flips out on my grandpa, because his girlfriend is "living in his mother's house." (Dare I say, that's a fair point?)
Either way, let's consider the foundation of this feud. The she-devil that was married to my uncle two wives ago, who does not have a say in any of our family affairs, encouraged if not started a fight among us. Not just that, but she encouraged her daughter to behave in the same way.
Absolutely ridiculous.
Grow up already. Grow. Up.
You're in big girl world now and you might not always like what happens, and you might not always get your way. Deal with it. Preferably in a non-childish manner.
My grandpa, my dad, and my uncle are all that's left of that immediate family and they've had more than their share of disagreements and heartache. Why would you cause a family fight over a piece of jewelry when you have your share of it?!
If I let C wear one of her golden chain necklaces are you going to call pa and tell on me? Don't worry about what I do with my stuff and I won't worry about what you do with yours - seems like a fairly grown-up principle to adopt.
No comments:
Post a Comment