Friday, November 27, 2009

Thanksgiving and the day after

Yesterday was an awesome Thanksgiving! I truly have so much to be thankful for. I loved getting to be with both sides of our families. We've got some crazy good catching up stories around the holidays and I love getting to visit with everyone. We got up at like 6:30am to get ready and drive down to the Bluff. We then got back home around 8:30pm. My brother-and-sister-in-law came up to stay the night with us because the sis-in-law wanted to join me for some black Friday shopping. They didn't get here until later and then we all played video games until like midnight (yeah...we're all adults ;). Us girls got up at 3:30am to go hit up some of the crazy madness at 4:00am. We went to Kohls first. There was a line of people when we got there--a long line. We decided it was too cold and not worth standing in line for so we waited in our cars until they opened the doors. Then there was another mad rush of people congregating up towards the door ways, which they only opened ONE door to let all of those people in through. We got screamed out by many people standing in the line. They kept screaming at us, "the back of the line is back there" or "get in the back of the line" or "you're not cutting in front of me." It was ridiculous none of us cared enough to 'cut in line' we were just standing at the doors waiting for the existing line to go through and then go in after them. However, they hostility towards us made an angry mob of people who claimed there shouldn't be line rules and when the doors are open anyone can go in. So people started to push their ways through. It was awesome. And crazy, scary. And ridiculous. And hilarious. People never fail to amaze me with their actions and behaviors. Afterwards we went to the mall and I got some crazy good deals at Charlotte Russe. That made me very happy. I picked up a few other things here and there. We also went into Target and Walmart -- because we're idiots and have mental, death wishes. I'm pleased to report that we survived! Barley. I've had 3 hours of sleep since 6:30am Thanksgiving morning! I'm delusional and probably hilarious and probably more than a little cranky. I keep trying not to take it out on the hubby. I forced us to go ahead and put up the Christmas tree because it's been a family tradition for like forever that the tree goes up the day after Thanksgiving. Now I'm just sleep-deprived and probably making no sense. It's only 8 o'clock, but it's definitely time for bed. Hope ya'll had a blessed Thanksgiving! The hubby and I have 2 days of nothingness! It will be awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment