Yesterday, I woke up at 5:30am to go work out for an hour before rushing back home to be sitting at my computer. So that I could be logged into SEMO's portal, with class codes ready, and waiting for the clock to reach 7:00am.
I was about to enroll in my very last semester at SEMO. I'm about to finish college. Graduate! Enter big girl world! My anxiety levels are through the roof.
I only need 12 hours for this last semester, I've worked my butt off making sure that my last semester could be my easiest because I knew I would want to be focusing on other things at this point.
Ya know, like making a resume and doing the whole find-a-job thing.
There it was, the clock finally changed to 7:00am. I quickly type in my class codes, doubled checked them and pressed, "submit." But then, received an error message saying that for one of my classes I hadn't met the prerequisites (which was false by the way) and another one saying I needed to contact the department chair since the class wasn't from my department.
I started freaking out! It had taken me forever to come up with the classes to take, since I'd already finished the ones required by my major. I'd scraped the books and read the course descriptions, looking for some that could round out my knowledge of children and behavior. I'd put a lot of effort into choosing these classes.
Now, a stupid sign up error! Unacceptable. I had to wait until 8 o'lock to call my adviser. I was angry by then. If those classes had filled up, I would have forced somebody (somehow) to put me in them anyway. I finally reached him, and he looked it up. He was also puzzled by the one not letting me in based on a prerequisite. I'm a child development major with a minor in family studies. I've taken all of the CD and FS classes.
He got ahold of the instructor for me and our department chair, and I was let into that one. He then gave me the contact info for the department chair of the other one.
I called like three times, leaving voicemails twice. This, and a long list of other things, is what is wrong with SEMO. I'm not sure what the point of voicemails even are, because no one every returns my calls. Failed returned calls have happened to me repeatedly over my time at this school. Some issues being quite important to my graduation.
After a few days, without being able to reach the department chair I just enrolled in some random online course that I had read was easy. So thanks, SEMO, you really encouraged the growth and development of my education.
And, Aiko is vomiting and I gained a pound back.
WTF?
No comments:
Post a Comment