Friday, January 22, 2010

Broken car

So my car has been at the dealers like four times over the last few weeks. The car isn't even three years old yet and we bought it brand new. It's SO frustrating. We've seriously put more money into that stupid car than we would have had we just gotten a used one. I'm convinced. The check engine light keeps coming on and then it usually idles oddly and is jerky driving. So they've had it in there, like I said, several times and 'fixed' it. The last time it was there they were absolutely convinced it was the bent wheel axle. A whopping $300 for them to be wrong. Again! ARGH! And it's so hard to be mean to those people. Coad has the best customer service people ever. My personal consultant is super kind. It's just impossible for me to yell at him. However, Thursday when the check engine light came back on...I was a little less than nice to him. He told me to bring the car in and they would replace every valve in it and get me set up in a rental car for a few days. So I got to the shop and waited for a few minutes and then an Enterprise person showed up. He was a taller man, slim, very tan. His hair was light brown...with blonde highlights -- seriously? Do guys still do that? Anyway, he had brought up another Aveo and I had to ride back with him to their bussines and fill out paperwork. Most awkward ride of my life! First, we get in the car and the poor man is wearing way too much cologne. Next, he tried making extremely awkward small talk with me about my plans for the weekend...and then about what was wrong with my car. Conversation lasted about two minutes. So then the ride from about William St. all the way back to Enterprise was in absolute silence. He would awkwardly look at me every once in a while and I would glance back...not knowing anything to say so quickly looking back out my passenger window. Then, you get like drilled before actually getting to leave with the car. It's so intimidating. It made me consider just walking and not taking the rental. They make you like circle the car with them several times and check it inside and out for any kind of scratches, dents, or anything that isn't 'right.' Then I was lectured more than once about making sure the car gets back to them in the exact same condition. It made me even more angry at Coad for having bought an apparently crappy car from them. I'm even more convinced of that last statement as I am driving a rental car that is also an Aveo. My car has never drove as smoothly and soundlessly as this one does. *sigh* And they could have it for up to a week before it's fixed. Great...*grumble*

1 comment:

  1. Car stuff is so annoying! Rental car stuff is even more annoying! I hope this time they REALLY fix it for you :)

    ReplyDelete