Sunday, January 3, 2010
So it begins
Ah, the new year. The hubby and I are both off to work tomorrow...and back to the gym *big sigh*. I'm definitely determined to tackle that number one resolution though! Bring on that 40 minutes of cardio and 20 minutes of strength training! Not saying it's gonna be fun, but I am saying it'll totally be worth it. If I do it all right and effectively, I'll have my weight loss goal met by the time I graduate! How awesome would that be? It'd be like starting a new point in life to be a college graduate, have my healthy body back, and hopefully have my big girl job. Sounds glorious!
Just to clarify, I've probably said this before, but I'm saying it again. I'm really not wanting to do this to be some skinny, hot chick. Now, I won't lie...clearly I don't want to be chubby...I do want to be thin. However, I seriously seriously seriously want to be healthy. For a number of reasons. Heart disease and diabetes being at the top of that list, but also for biblical reasons. The bible says we should treat our bodies like temples! It's time I start taking care of my body...for forever! Not just until I've got the weight off. I want to have a healthy body because I'm an asthmatic have injured myself permanently several times and for when I get pregnant! I have a couple of bulging disks in my back and a displaced pelvis. I've already been told my pregnancy will be a high risk-pregnancy, because of the pelvis and because I can't take my asthma meds when I am prego. So every bit of physical health I can get is definitely needed!
So...say a motivational prayer for me! All encouragement and support is appreciated. Especially when I feel like giving up. I need someone to push me when I think I can't go anymore. Hopefully the hubby can do that, but having two people to do it would be even better :)
And good luck to all you all with beginning and accomplishing your new year resolutions!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment