Wednesday, January 13, 2010
Worst week ever
I know that I like to whine, but aside from that I do typically apply something happy along with my complaints. Especially, since I do realize how incredibly blessed I am. That said, I am thankful for my awesome husband, though sick is still here with me today. I'm thankful that we have two houses, though expensive, dreadful, a hassle, and frustrating can come in handy. I'm thankful that I have a car to drive, even though it might not always drive well...it does get me from A to B. I'm thankful for my job, though frustrating, confusing, and drama-filled, it does bring in some money. I'm thankful I serve an amazing, beautiful, truly awesome, forgiving, merciful, and perfectly just God who loves me!
I'm not mocking anything here, I'm truly thankful for all of those things. However, we've had a very challenging week. Monday night Cory's pain grew more intense again. He decided to let me take him back into the ER around 10:00pm. We get there and thankfully the wait wasn't that long. This doc was also convinced it was his appendix, though, Cory's pain had localized more into the right lower abdomen so I wasn't upset by this. They did a rectal, contract CT scan (and yes, that was every bit as fun as it sounds). However, the appendix checked out fine. He had been running a low grade temp too. So I was really convinced it might actually be his appendix. So when it checked out fine I was dumbfounded. Then they sent us home. I hate how ER doctors come up with one theory of what's wrong, test that and if they're wrong it's the only thing they check. At least the other doc had the nerve to say something stupid like it could be a virus. This doc said, "Everything is testing out fine. So we're going to send you home." Everything? Everything, you say? You tested one freaking thing!! Grrr.
He did get hooked up to an IV for fluids and morphine though. That was so, absolutely hilarious. I have three videos and very long text of things he said (coming soon :). The morphine helped dramatically with the pain. In fact since receiving the morphine Cory's pain has mainly subsided.
My car wasn't fixed...I had to take it back yet again. Oh...and we bought the car brand new and was told we had a 3 year warranty on it that covered "Everything. If you get a scratch on it, we'll fix." However, that amazing warranty amazingly doesn't cover a bent axle wheel. Bent axles cost me $300.
Last night before going to bed we decided to make a big fire in the wood stove because it'd been so cold in the basement and we hadn't had one going all week. So we did. Finally, got it going and warmed up. We went to bed and everything was fine. Well...apparently the wood stove was clogged up or something and our whole house was flooded with smoke. We woke up to the sound of our carbon monoxide detectors going off! I'm not kidding the house was cloudy, it burned my eyes just to have them open. We opened every window we could, grabbed as many blankets as we could, and Aiko, and went out to the car. We went and slept at the old house. Which sucked, because clearly there isn't a bed over there and our air mattress is broken...so sleeping on the floor sucked. My whole body hurts now. Came back home at like 7 o'clock this morning and the smoke was still here. We've cleaned this house so much. We've got fans going, windows open, cleaned everything (and I mean everything) with a vinegar/water/fabuloso cleaner, got candles lit, sprayed more than one can of air odor eliminator, took down all the curtains to wash, washing all the sheets, blankets, and covers that we have and most all of our clothes in general. Smell still isn't gone. My asthma is also acting up because of all this. My sinuses are freaking out a little bit and every breath I take feels so heavy and a slight sting is left in my lungs afterwards.
I will not say it can't get worse...but oh...it could be so much better. So much for a nice relaxing two weeks before classes start back...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment