Wednesday, May 19, 2010

The mower is now mine

Sometimes I truly believe that the kids from our old neighborhood just sit around and think of ways to make me fulfill the role of 'crazy white lady.' Their most recent stunt has been to take a push mower and mow random strips through our grass. Are you freaking kidding me? We have a lawn service over there this year and it is setup on a two week mowing cycle. So, when we get to about the one and a half week range the grass is high. The first time they did it Cory was convinced that the 'grass was just growing weird.' However, I knew better. Especially when I seen my particularly frustrating little fat kid that I always get into it with pushing a mower down the sidewalk in our neighborhood. Man, I could smack that kid in the back of the head with something really hard and feel no remorse. Or perhaps just his parents. I try real hard to sympathize with him and put full responsible on his parents ability to not parent their children. I had a little spat with them the 2nd time we went and found the yard randomly sliced through with a mower. They were in front of our house fighting in the middle of the street. They don't even live on that block anymore. Why the eff are the even over there? The most recent time they mowed our grass our yard service people noticed and gave me a call. Ends up...the little idiots had left their mower in my back yard. So...Cory and I go over there and pack it up. Yup, their mower is now sitting in my shed. Or possible still in the back of the hubby's car (it's a push mower, handles fold down). They've expressed their anger in very theatrical ways over me taking footballs, chains, toys, skate boards, bicycles. I wonder how they'll feel about me taking their lawn mower. It's better this way. If I had caught them in the act of mowing random strips through my yard...someone would have definitely gotten smacked in the head.

No comments:

Post a Comment