Friday, May 7, 2010

Rough week

So everyone and their brother knows I've been having a hard time over this whole graduating business. I had my very last day of college classes today. Now, all I have left is one final at 8:00am Wednesday morning. All that remains of my college career is one final. And, the piece of paper in the end...ya know, sometime around July or so.

I have had a bad week. On Monday evening I got a sore throat that hit me like a stack of bricks. It was very sudden and it took me down. I wasn't able to do anything on Tuesday except go to the doctor. By Wednesday I had some serious sinus stuff going on. By Thursday my sinuses were so compacted that I couldn't even use the good ol' neti pot to run solution through them, which had worked for me on Wednesday. Last night I had an extreme dry cough that started that I cannot seem to get rid of. I finally called my mommy (who works for my pediatrician - oh yes, pediatrician...he's been my doc since I was 2-years-old and most of my problems stem from asthma so he stays up to date on me) to have her call me in some meds. I had been fighting it all week. My souls enemy has been attacking me on this front all week and I've tried speaking against it, commanding it gone, praying, praying, praying and finally decided...God gave me enough sense to use the resources that His very hand has made available to me. So my mommy called me in 3 different drugs -- that I forgot to go pick up today! D'oh.

Between the strep, sinus drainage and the dry cough my throat is so raw. It's driving me insane. It's so painful to even swallow, I've seriously considered a spit cup.

I've had to work at the new job this week a few times. We started calling clients, which was something I was so excited to get to and then ended up feeling miserable and wanting to come home the whole time. I do have like...6 clients though! Pretty exciting. My first appointment is this Monday! I will be better by then!

Tomorrow I have to go to campus from 9am-4:00pm to renew my CPR and First Aid training. Blah. I'm not looking forward to that at all. However, there are only a few of us I think, so hopefully we'll get done much sooner than 4pm.

My psychological copacity is totally loaded right now. I'm crazy emotional about everything, anxiety grips at my every thought and I just don't feel secure right now. Too many changes and too fast. I don't feel that my job is secure at all and that puts me back to square 1 on the whole job thing. I feel like for now I should just be thankful for what I have. I am. I am so thankful for the opportunity I'm getting to be a part of and perhaps that just means I shouldn't worry so much about the future. However, the future comes so fast I feel that I should prepare for it when I can. I'm just freaking out about everything. Plus, I keep having crazy break downs on the poor hubs. Please forgive me, love. I will be sane again someday.

Alright, Tessa. Just keep breathing and just do it. You're almost there.

Randomness:

  • Iron Man 2 is AWESOME!!
  • New Eclipse trailer is AWESOME! Ah, can't wait for June 30th to hurry up and get here!
  • AAHHH! I had my very last college class today!

No comments:

Post a Comment