I prayed over it so long and I spoke against it I was dead set on not accepting it. Then I woke up this morning and couldn't swallow without also wanting to cry. Then I had these crazy body aches and head ache so I took my temp and I had a fever of 101.2.
I was suppose to go into work today and I was leaning in the way of having strep so I wasn't sure if they'd want me to come in. I called the director and she encouraged me to stay home and go to the doctor. If I have strep they don't want me in there for a few days.
Due to lack of health insurance I do not go to the doctor. It would have to be really bad and I'd probably have to be unconscious for someone to drag me in. Costs are so astronomical. So I decided I'd call the campus health clinic and see what they could do for me. They could do everything I needed to have done and at a shockingly low price. So I went in for strep and mono test (which combined was like $11). The rapid antigen tests were negative so they sent them off to be cultured since my throat is red and swollen. We won't have those results in until tomorrow. However, it's looking like it's probably just a virus of some sorts. Ugh.
My handsome, caring, providing, amazing, sweet, loving husband has taken care of me since last night. He refuses to let me do any sort of house work, he's been taking complete care of Aiko and today he worked all day - plus came with me to the doctor - and then went to town when he got off to get me some Scope and jello. Yes, scope. I have found that if you take some Scope (mouthwash) and heat it in the microwave just a little bit and then gargle it, it is so soothing! Cory has a home remedy of mixing pretty much equal parts of cayenne pepper with water, heating it and gargling it. It burns off the bacteria. It has always, always worked for him. He pretty much hasn't had a sore throat in like forever, because as soon as he starts getting one he's brave enough to gargle some cayenne and the sore throat is gone pretty much immediately. Granted, it is replaced with a burning sensation that makes you feel like you ate the sun...I suppose the burning does dwindle away within a half hour or so. I've tried it a few times. It's just not for me.
So after getting me scope and jello he then came home and did the dishes and cooked us dinner. Chicken noodle soup.
Ah, when he does stuff like this he makes me feel like such a bad wife. On any given day how can I do as much as he does for me? Sure, sure I do nearly all of the cleaning, cooking, and laundry (when I'm not sick). But, I don't have a full-time job right now either. Nor have I ever had since we've been married.
I just think I really take him for granted sometimes. I'm extremely lucky to have such a providing, caring husband. He truly would do (and does do) everything and anything for me...that he is capable of ;)
Randomness:
- THROAT PAIN! I hate you, go away! My whole body aches and is exhausted by weakness and shivers. My skin feels so sensitive it hurts to move at all.
- My husband shared with me today a movie that a co-worker shared with him: Human Centipede. I would not suggest even trying to read a plot summary...as it will make you want to burn your eyes out, drink bleach to try and cleanse your brain, and vomit. How does anyone come up with something as demented as that? Bluh *shivers*
- Last week of classes! I've definitely reached to point of 'come on already, hurry up and get here' but I'm also holding onto to it because I can't believe I graduate college in 11 days!
No comments:
Post a Comment