Friday, May 14, 2010
Who does that happen to?
I've spent the last two days running around making sure my house is spotless and I have plenty of food and drinks for my party on Saturday. The hubby took off work at noon today so we could go down to Poplar Bluff to have an early dinner with my parents before my sister's high school graduation.
We come from a very small school. There were 48 kids in my graduating class. I think my sister's has 60-ish. Nonetheless, everyone knows everyone down there. I haven't been there in 3 years since on of my cousins graduated. So...I'm going to be seeing people that I haven't seen in...3 years! Of course I want to look nice, lol. So I spent the morning pampering myself, doing my hair, taking extra time on my makeup. I even went and bought a new outfit yesterday.
When the hubby walked in for lunch I was ready. I had our lunch (hotdogs and chips) waiting on the table, the ketchup and mustard out, and tea poured into our glasses. He comes over and sits down. We adjust and start preparing our hot dogs. I was lucky with the ketchup. No splatters. Yes. See, it never fails that when I absolutely do not need to spill something on myself I always do. So I wrestled with the mustard lid to get it open and holding it away from me as far as my arms could reach. I mumbled out, "I'm just bound to spill something on m..." before I could even get the 'me' out the mustard lid flew open causing my hand to jerk up a little too fast, hitting my tea glass and causing it to spill all over me and the table. I froze in astonishment looking at the hubs with noticeable frustration as I heard the stream of tea making its way to the floor.
We both jumped up and started combating the tea with paper towels and I freaked out about my outfit! I had my mind set on wearing this outfit. So...here we sit...waiting for it. Yes, yes, I decided washing and drying this outfit was better than just picking out a new one.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment