I just finished the last of my Christmas shopping last night. Last night! Two day before the big day. I'm sending out Christmas cards... today. Yep... today. Should've just made them New Years cards. Geez.
I've been such a slacker for the holidays this year. I usually have most of my shopping finished before December. I certainly have it all purchased by the 2nd week in December. And Christmas cards? I always have them sent out in enough time to secure their arrival at least a few days before Christmas.
Not this year though. Too much is going on elsewhere.
I haven't even purchased stocking stuffers for the poor hubby. He may have to live with an IOU... unfortunately. This in itself is stressing me out. I'm so big on integrity. Having things finished on time, being on time, doing things your suppose to do... on time. I feel so bad that I haven't even had time to get the most important human man in my life a gift. Although, he - more than anyone else - should understand. It doesn't make it any better. Even worse, I have no idea what to get him. Men have it way easier than women. Seriously, I love stuff like lotion, chap stick, candy, flowers... But what in the world are generic things to get for men? Things that they would like? *sigh*
Only half a day today! Yay! Then, I'm going to go spend a much needed half day of nothingness with the most important human man in my life. There's a long list of things I could be doing. But, I haven't had a day off in like 3 weeks. And with all the holiday travels and traditions, the weekend - though it will be fun - won't be much of a break either. So I probably won't have another break in... geez... who knows when? I think some cuddling, snacks, and movies are a must. All that other stuff will be waiting for me in a few days.
No comments:
Post a Comment