Thursday, December 30, 2010

Stupid car

Lord, give me grace!

I swear, I'm being tried right now. Every part of my existence is!

Today, after being sick with the stomach flu all week just in time to recover for the sinus junk and sore throat, my car's check engine light started flashing. 

After this week... my first thoughts were, "seriously?!" 

My car is only 3 years old and we've already had it in the shop like a billion times for other crap. Unfortunately, for me, my warranty is up now. See... if the check engine light is just on... it's usually something simple and still drivable. However, if it's flashing... you're not even suppose to drive it. 

I was half way to work before I noticed though and I had a client coming in the office, so I drove it anyway. I called the dealer on my way and they, as expected, said I shouldn't drive it and that they'd tow it at no charge. Ugh. I wanted to set it on fire. 

When I got to the office I impatiently made the call to the roadside assistance number I'd been given. I spent 10 minutes - 10 minutes, I timed it - on the phone with an automated system giving it my name, phone number, going through a ridiculous series of yes-no questions that I had to say at least 5 times before it understood me, so that they could 'better assist me,' ...only to be answered by a human with the first words out of her mouth being: "This is [whoever], how can I help you?"

"Are you freaking kidding me?" I'm pretty sure were the first words I said to her. 

"If you can't help me, then what was the point of the past 10 minutes I spent on a stupid automated system answering question so that you could help me?"

Hostility wasn't productive toward my needs, so I tried my best to not embrace it... unsuccessfully. 

My husband had to come pick me up for lunch and then we had a meeting at the studio (our first meeting there!), after that I took him back to work and then went back to the studio to work there. Whew.

A half day and $650 later I got my car back. Stupid, piece of junk (forgive me, Lord, I am blessed with a vehicle at least - thanks). I just get so frustrated with that car. I'd rather go get a new one, keep the payment that I have now for however many years longer and just have a dependable vehicle. Despite the warranty we've still put more money than what should be necessary into this car. Now, that our warranty is up... I'm nervous.

If you see a blue Aveo on fire, just think of me and know that I've embraced my true crazy... or that I've truly reached my snapping point...whichever.

No comments:

Post a Comment