I've been quite the impressive wife today. For starters, our house is very clean, our laundry is completely caught up (and has been for a whole week), and the dishes are consistently done as well.
I tried my hand at some 'out-of-the-box' cooking - or 'out-of-the-box' cooking for me, that is. I made my very first cheesecake today. From scratch.
I've gotta say, I was a little nervous when I ran up to the stove after the timer sounded to a small, round pan with a puffy mushroom of cheesecake protruding out of it. I guess it rose a little more than I expected it to. Especially since I didn't expect it to rise at all.
It was all cool though. It settled back in to its 'normal' shape, and not to toot my horn or anything, but it was pretty delicious.
Then, I made some impressive tilapia. I got this little season packet thing for it, and mixed some honey and soy sauce with it. Mmmm-mmm. It was a yummy Asian Sesame tilapia. Along with white rice and broccoli for sides. What? I had to balance it all out - a 'healthy' dinner in exchange for a horribly unhealthy dessert ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment