Yesterday we had our other 'open house.' It's the 2nd of many to come. Since Ambient Art Photography is now a part of the Around Town Network in Cape, we are also a part of the First Fridays.
The First Fridays is sort of an exhibition of a bunch of galleries and shops that have collaborated with each other "Around Town" in attempt to draw people out into the community and expose their businesses.
Once a month - on the first Friday of the month - the Art Council advertises it's event and pays for a shuttle that runs at stops for all of the parties involved. We are members of the Arts Council as well.
I feel like it all has a wonderful foundation. I feel like their intentions are wonderfully motivated. However, I also feel like it is in complete disarray. Maybe it's just a hectic time of year (?). I don't now. Also, it could just seem that way to me because I'm new to everything.
For our Grand Opening and 'first' First Friday, it snowed. So our turnout was minimal. We probably only had a dozen groups come through. However, we did have probably a dozen family members/close friends that showed up and stayed the whole time. That was awesome.
Yesterday, for our second First Friday, it was raining. We had... like 5 people come in. And they were all people that we knew and/or are friends with. We mainly sat around eating the snacks and drinking the drinks we'd prepared. It was fun though. We laughed a lot. I got to know my co-owners even more. We all got to tell a lot of stories.
I actually like the little 'hang-out-place' it seems to be becoming. Though, it isn't really the original purpose of the event... it still made for a fun night.
No comments:
Post a Comment