So, I've had a very unfortunate relapse in health. Ugh. All my junky chest stuff is back. I'm having all sorts of breathing problems: wheezing, severe shortness of breath, chest tightness, coughing.
I have like crazy shortness of breath. I was talking on the phone to someone the other day and they mocked me by saying, "Geez, are you like running a marathon right now?" Nope. I was carrying laundry upstairs.
Sometimes I even get out of breath just talking. It's quite pathetic and sad. So... I folded and made an appointment with the Pulmonologist. Ugh. He's been out of town and over-booked though. So, my appointment isn't until March 31st.
Anyway, Cory is always making slight jabs about the way I sound when I'm trying to breath - teasingly, but still. Probably because I'm constantly sucking in as much air as I possibly can in attempt to make my lungs feel like they're actually breathing; also, probably because I sound like a squeak toy.
Today, with a very thick intonation of annoyance he tells me, "Geez. You breathe funny."
I turned to glare at him before replying. "Really? Wow. That's like telling a cripple that he walks funny."
He laughs hysterically before choking out, "But, a cripple couldn't walk so you wouldn't say that." He countered
"Yeah... that's the point. Who tells an Asthmatic that they breathe funny?" I justified.
"I'm just saying... I can like hear you breathing... you'd think you could be a little more considerate..."
Sometimes, he really leaves me speechless
#hewaskidding
No comments:
Post a Comment