Tuesday, July 12, 2011

My poor tortured baby

Yesterday I went and dropped Aiko off at the vet's office at 8:30am. She was going under anesthesia to have a tooth pulled, have her teeth cleaned, to get spayed, get all of her shots, and get her yearly heart worm / stool testing.

Dropping her off was sad. Mainly because she was so happy to see other humans, she had no idea they would be the ones torturing her.

I was worried sick about her all morning. Finally, the vet called at 1 o'clock to tell me that she'd waken up and everything had gone fine.

I got to go pick her up at like 5:00. When I got there, they were carrying her out and then put her down to see if they could get her to walk some. Her head was a mess - I guess from the teeth cleaning - her hair was wild around her face and matted in some spots. She had the absolutely most pitiful look in her eyes. As soon as her feet touched the floor she staggered twice, took one step, and then just laid down right where she was. So pitiful.

I picked her up quickly. They told me that the little dogs tend to ham it up a bit. So they said maybe I shouldn't baby her too much or she could drag it out longer than necessary. I asked what they meant.

"You know, packing her around, baby talking her, too much attention. Those sorts of things." the lady told me. I nodded my head seriously, but neglected to tell them that I probably do too much of all those things on a daily basis. I just made a mental note to not do any of those things more than I normally would.

She was so out of it all evening. She kept grunting and whimpering. It broke my heart. How will I ever bear to have children? I can't stand it when my dog is in discomfort.

No comments:

Post a Comment