For the last 3 years or so it's been a tradition to go floating with our cousins A and J. It's always so much fun. This year our other cousin K was coming and she was bringing her boyfriend of 5 months, K2. Myself the hubs and A and J had been joking amongst ourselves about giving K2 a hard time, breaking him in or whatever.
When our crew meets new people it's always fun, because we're all so awesome ;)'
I was still exhausted from the previous day, but I had so much fun on Sunday. I'm so glad K and K2 were able to join us! They were such a nice addition to our fun day! K2 fit in with all of us just fine. We're a pretty sarcastic crew, so you've got to know how to take us, because I could see how some of us might come off as jerk(ish) / smart ass(ish). I think he'd been well prepared though, so he did fine.
Oy, it was so hot outside though! A good day for the river, I guess. Swimming was nice. I think it's the first time I've swam this summer!
Oh! I got these awesome water shoes! They sort of looked like rubber chuck shoes. Like a mix between water shoes / crocs. I got made fun of for them like the whole morning, until we hit our first shallow patch with rocks and such... and then most of them shut up ;)
Except for J, who continued to try and dog my shoes. I didn't care, they were awesome and functional. I'd been jealous.
I actually climbed up on of the rock walls this year to jump off! I was excited. I've wanted to do that every year. I couldn't make it up to the rope swing though :( But, I got up high enough for it to be fun. The rest of 'em were party poopers. No one would come with me, when I actually started to climb up it and the hubs realized I was serious, he came too <3
I didn't get burnt. I'm obsessed with not getting burnt. The poor hubs did though. He was like a lobster. Poor guy. I don't even know how he got so burnt, he put on the sun screen every time I did - I think.
All in all, another good day.
p.s. The bad part about the last 3 years of floating is that I've always gotten a horrible UTI afterwards. I'm very sad to say, it's happened again this year too :( Oy, I hate UTIs. When I woke up this morning with extreme bladder pain, I wanted to cry. I think I've mentioned before that I pretty much just wake up with full blown UTIs, it's never gradual :'(
No comments:
Post a Comment