Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Water jug

The hubs and I drink a lot of water. We have a water cooler too, so the water we drink comes from the 5-gallon water jugs that we refill on a regular basis. 

I went today to refill one of the jugs. I wheeled it out to the car and then used all my strength to hoist it into the passenger front seat - it's really heavy and not exactly pick-up-move-around friendly either. 

When I was about out of the parking lot my stupid seat belt alarm started going off. I guess the water jug was heavy enough for the sensor or whatever. I usually put it in the back seat, so it's never a thing. 

After like the 3rd time of the ding...ding...ding, I was annoyed. So when I came up to the next stop light, I reached over to pull the seat belt out, maneuver it through the jug handle and then buckled it in place. 

That's when I noticed the stopped vehicle next to me. It was an older, faded, green, Grand Am. The windows were down and a middle-aged, balding man, with thick rimmed glasses was staring at me like I was crazy. What? So I was buckling up a water jug... not that weird. Is it? I just smiled and waved and was happy when the light turned green. 

No comments:

Post a Comment