Sunday, July 31, 2011

Bye-bye 23

Tomorrow I will celebrate my 24th birthday. Is it ridiculous that I'm having a hard time with that? I don't know, I just look at my life and feel like I should be a little further along than I am.

I mean, when I was 18 I imagined I'd graduate at 22, get a job, work for a year and then probably have my first baby. I guess I did graduate at 22 and I did work in my 'big girl' job for 10 months. But, here I am, about to turn 24 and I'm contemplating furthering my education or moving or something else. So, that I can better my life and further prepare to have a baby.

I don't know... figuring out life just sucks. At this point, I don't even know what I'll be doing a year from now. We'll see. God will take care of me and guide me, He always does.

Speaking of which, we had an amazing service this morning. We had a prophesy team down from Kansas City's International House of Prayer (IHOP). Whew. Amazing. One of the guys came over and spoke over me and the husband and he really hit the nail on the head. It was a new experience for me. I mean, I'd never met this guy before and he said some things that were completely true. I'm telling you, hit the nail right on the head! It was an awesome experience for me. One that I probably needed, because I often have a critical heart towards things like that.

I love it when God does things like that. I think it's so easy to get into a mindset, whether it be because it was the way you were raised so you believe it or if it's something that you've really tested and researched and believe it that way. The hubs and I have pretty unique beliefs, most are pretty grounded in some sort of studying, research, and/or theological type of foundation. So, when something comes along that's powerful enough to change my mind... I love it. I love having my belief systems challenged. I truly do. I think having your beliefs challenged and being able to logically and rationally back them up proves the strength of them. I have a very open mind, one that is willing to accept new things as better things - if it is proven or presented in such a way that makes better sense than a current or past belief.

That was a very random side note, but it was a very good morning. So, though I'm very sad to be getting older, sad about not having my life all figured out (who does though, right?), it's been a very good last day of being 23. 

No comments:

Post a Comment