Saturday, April 17, 2010
New hair
I finally broke and in a moment of serious inspiration went and got all my hair cut off. No turning back now. I'm actually in love with it. This is really surprising to me. I usually go in sit down and say, "ONLY TAKE OFF AS MUCH AS YOU HAVE TO." In a very serious, stressed, enthused tone. Not to mention I've been to like 6 hair salons in the 4 years that I've lived here and had yet to find one that I trusted/liked. Today...not only did I walk into a salon to get 11 inches cut off of my hair that I had never been to before, but I found the salon that I will probably forever go to. Haha. Or for a while at least. It is called Allure Salon. The only opening they had for today was with a guy named Will. I was nervous because a guy had never done my hair before. However, he was amazing! I really can't say enough good things about this place. Oh...the shampooing was like a full head massage. It was magical. He shampooed it, conditioned it, and then put something else in it that made it smell like peppermint (mmmm).
He had a consult with me about my ideas and his suggestions for my face shape, etc. Then cut and styled my hair for $30! That may seem pricey to some, but trust me, it was worth every penny! And he explained every layer and everything he did throughout the cut to get my approval, etc. Then, he gave me some styling tips since the hair cut was such a drastic change for me. I've never had my hair this short! I've only had it cut to about my shoulders, but mostly I've always kept it to about chest and often even waist length. So 11 inches (!!), was a big change.
I donated the hair to locks of love too! So that was awesome! It went to a good cause!
My head feels so much lighter, it's ridiculous. Oh...and my neck..is so much cooler. This was part of my logic for getting the hair cut. I always, always keep it in a ponytail, it takes forever to blow dry and style, and it is so hot during the summer.
I absolutely love it. I know it'll take some getting use to, but right now I'm adoring it. I still can't get over how much lighter my head feels.
When I walked into the house the hubby hesitated before slowly saying, "I like it" I had a small freak out about 'what I had done.' I'm pretty sure his Aspergers makes the change difficult for him. Plus, he has never ever seen me with hair this short. But, it was still a little frustrating. Thanks for the support and encouragement, hubby!! I had to resort to facebook to get some confirmation. Haha.
Nonetheless, tada:
p.s. The big painting in the background is my most recent and largest painting!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I like it!!! (Like the painting too!)
ReplyDelete