Sunday, April 25, 2010

Warm up survival

So...we're in our 2nd round of Insanity and we just finished week 2! Yesterday we had our Pure Cardio workout which is quite nearly the most difficult workout for us. This is probably going to sound hilarious, but after 11 weeks of Insanity I finally made it all the way through the WARM UP without having to stop gasping for air! I was so proud of myself. I'll go ahead and make it more hilarious by saying the warm up is only like 10 minutes long. You have no idea...it is intense. Neither of us has ever made it all the way through a warm up. Sometimes the warm up seems harder than the workout. Then I even pushed myself for the workout, only stopping when I felt it absolutely necessary to hold onto to consciousness. It was one of the best workouts I've ever did for the program. Hopefully it's some amazing break through and the workouts will finally start getting a little less death like for me. I doubt it though. Monday is weigh day. I'm a little nervous because I've done so poorly on food choices for the last week or so. Ugh, Cory even made cheesecake yesterday! CHEESECAKE. I had to eat it. I had to! Curse you, cheesecake, for making me eat you. Although, I do have the whole getting-11-inches-cut-off-my-hair thing going for me. I wish I hadn't remembered that though, so that when I had lost some more weight I could accredited it to more credible reasons. I'll probably do it anyway. I mean how much can 11 inches of hair weigh? Dude! I have 2 more weeks of school left. TWO WEEKS! I'm sure all my readers are more than aware, and probably quite sick, of my freak out over finishing school. Seriously, people?! How do you manage so well?! It feels so odd to me. I don't feel like I should be an adult at all. I'm not ready to be a big girl. Heck, I don't even know what I want to do when I grow up! It's sort of like that episode of The Office, when Jim and Pam have their first baby and are being sent home from the hospital and as the nurse is wheeling Pam and the baby out it's screaming and Jim says to the nurse, "You hear that right?" As if to imply 'should you really be sending us home with it?' I don't feel ready to be done. So many endings and so many beginnings...and so quickly. And so many projects and finals...my last projects and finals! My last projects and finals (!!!) [deep breath in and out, in...and out]. K, I'm good again. And work. Like real work...like a job...like a career job! I'm going to just start carrying around a paper bag with me...hyperventilating has become a daily event. You sure can't stop or even slow down time. I don't feel like I'm nearly 23, or like I should be graduating, or like I should have my 4 year wedding anniversary coming up, or like I should have a real job. It's so cliche, but you hear so often how fast time flies; how fast high school goes by; how fast college goes by; the reality of it does not sink in until you're there. OMG, before I know it my kids will be graduating college! AH! It is true though, life is too short and it goes by really fast. Hold onto every moment you can!

No comments:

Post a Comment