- Do you ever wonder why the things in the store that you're most likely to be self conscious about buying are always brightly colored and there are always a lot of people around (i.e., pregnancy test (bright freakin pink/purple), condom boxes (bright orange, neon green, black and bright red, etc.), tampons/pads (again, freakin pink, purple, etc.).
- I sat and watched my dog for a ridiculous amount of time today take her bone and very unsettling place it in random places all over the bed where she would push the top of her head against the bed and sling it up over and over again...in attempt to 'bury' it. You would think intelligence would kick in over instinct at some point and she would see that it isn't getting covered. I tried to tell her it was doing no good. She just couldn't seem to rest until she knew it was hid good. So I helped her make a little nook for it and hide it under some covers.
Wednesday, April 14, 2010
Tomorrow's the big day
Argh. This week has just been too much. Okay, not really but it has been very stressful. Today I had to go to St. Louis Children's Hospital for a two hour tour as mandated by one of my classes. Hmmm...four hours of driving for a two hour tour. If that pointless visit wasn't worth a lot of points I will probably have to voice that annoyance. Don't mistake my intentions, I'm not degrading the hospital at all. It was a amazing, I hope I never ever have to be there again in my life, but it is an amazing hospital. We got a basic, general tour of the hospital and got a speech for an actual Child Life Specialist (which is the name of this class) and that was it. Nothing special, I didn't learn anything I didn't already know, the experience (for me) wasn't even as good as the insight we got during our tour at St. Francis. I literally thought the trip was pointless. Again, I just feel like my time could have been spent more productively towards my learning. Not to mention we had to miss all of our other classes today (and theoretically work) to go to this. Not worth it.
So I was gone from like 7 o'clock this morning until like 4 o'clock this afternoon. Luckily I carpooled with four other girls (yes, five of us in one car - but it did help in the gas department). It was an exhausting trip, which made it all the more frustrating to me.
I have a three more weeks of classes left. Three more weeks! And then I'm done for forever! This also means I have tons of projects and finals coming up. Oh...and I start my big girl job tomorrow!!!
I go in from 9-4 to start my training. I have no idea what to expect nor do I have any idea what to expect in the area of what my schedule for this job will be like. I just know it will be 25-30 hours a week...on top of my 12 hours of class (a lot more than 12 with that stupid online class I have). So I'm freaking out. I have to maintain my GPA and I want to finish college strong and feeling accomplished. However, I want this job. Bad. And I want to give it my all. I want all of my energy and time to go to it, because it is likely to be my future. But, I just can't afford to do that quite yet. It's just all so much so fast. I know people much less capable than me do stuff like this all the time...so I know I'll be fine. Plus, I stress so easily. And I'm convinced I have an anxiety disorder. I always freak out on a ridiculous level around this time in the semester. So throwing in my real job on top of that is just...a lot.
Randomness:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment