Friday, April 2, 2010

I truly believe God has given me a gift in healing

On Monday during our workout, Cory and I were doing these deep lunge things. Suddenly, my pelvis totally snapped, crackled, and popped. It freaked Cory out because he had heard it...not to mention me going straight to the floor in pain was probably enough to freak him out. 

Two summers ago I broke my pelvis in a bicycle accident, completely displaced it actually. I refused to let them do surgery on it, so instead I was put on complete bed rest for 6 weeks! It was a long, painful, boring 6 weeks. When the bone healed it healed out of alignment. So in essence, I still have a displaced pelvis.

My doctors have said it still needs surgery and that it could affect my ability to carry a child full-term and that I probably couldn't have a vaginal birth. I do not accept this word that has been spoken over me and I believe that if my God wanted me to have had the surgery I would have felt compelled to do it. I would not have been so at peace with my decision to not have the surgery.

I have problems with it from time to time, but nothing too bad.

So on Monday when all the snapping happened. I was concerned. The sheer amount of pain I was immediately in was intimidating. I was not about to have a broken pelvis again! I already knew didn't want the surgery and there was no way I was going back on bed rest. I'm 6 weeks away from graduating! This was not going to happen. I refused it. 

I just lay there for a moment, perfectly still, scared to assess the damage. When I decided to get up some more popping happened. I fought through it and was able to get a shower, get into night clothes and went straight to bed. Cory brought me some pain medicine that I was grateful for. I lay as still as possible and finally drifted into sleep.

I woke up the next morning, still in pain. I sucked in a deep breath and raised up. Ouch. I hobbled over to my little chair, carrying a pillow so that I could sit on it. I pretty much sat there all day just doing homework and not moving a whole lot. In a deep moment with God I realized that I didn't have to accept this pain or this injury. God gave me authority. 

I think it's hard sometimes for us to embrace that. I don't say that to imply there will always be healing. Sometimes the bad things will and do happen. 

However, other times I believe they're just trials and can be conquered. So I embraced that authority and spoke to the pain. Of course, at this point I had already taken the magical red pill that makes everything better...so I was still loopy. 

But, I dramatically told my body to be well and claimed my healing. I swear, I'm not exaggerating when I say I immediately felt better.

By the end of the day my excruciating pain had turned into a dull ache. I was even convinced enough to go ahead and do my workout that evening. And I did complete it. It ached again that night and is still coming and going, but is so much better. 

It was mostly gone, so I returned to my regular workout schedule. Then, of course, one evening it happened again. I was about to bend down for some exercise, when a loud pop sounded from my bones again. The popping is really what hurts. It's like when it does that I'm very conscious of the bones and can feel them moving in the wrong ways or something. To the floor I went, for my usual laying as still as possible and not facing the damage. Sharp little stabs spread out from the center of my pelvis all through both hips and pulsed through that path over and over again.

Just when I was about to get frustrated with it, I sucked in a deep breath and started asking the Lord for more healing. Then, speaking it over my body. When Jesus healed people, He didn't just pray for it. He went to the Father with it and then He spoke it. There's power in our words. 

Within seconds the pain was reduced to the dull ache, but the time I scrambled back to my feet there was nothing. I wiggled around a bit and jumped and bent, in slight disbelief myself. C was worried adrenaline was causing me to go crazy, I think. 

I was humbled for a minute, and convicted of of how faithless I really am.

Why was I shocked? I'd asked the Lord for healing and spoke it over the pain. Faith of a mustard seed, people. The faith of a mustard seed can move mountains! We are a faithless people! 

But, when I have my awakening moments in between, my results are always miracles.

No comments:

Post a Comment