On May 27, 2011 the hubs and I had our 5 year wedding anniversary. Geez, I can't believe it's been 5 years. It's weird... in so many ways it feels like so much longer, yet in other ways it's hard to believe we've been married for 5 years! It's seems like a significant milestone for a marriage.
For the occasion, I've decided to post a letter to the man responsible ;)
Dear Love,
Sometimes, I feel inspired to gush about my feelings toward you. This is one of those times. More than anything, I want you to know that you are my very best friend in the whole world. You are the love of my life. You are an amazingly patient, adoring, supportive, providing, fun, and loving man. Please, always remember that - and know that it doesn't go unnoticed.
I know that life gets insane. I know that things aren't always perfect. I know that I get on your nerves and that you drive me absolutely crazy. But, I also know that we've chosen each other and that we made a commitment to each other, a vow. I know that God has put us together. So, though we might not have the perfect marriage - let's face it, no one does - we are perfect together, perfect for each other. I know that no matter what you'll always be one of the very biggest parts of my life and I'm happy that I get to share my life with you.
So, thanks. Thanks for being the person that without doubt irritates me more than anyone else; the person that puts up with all of my crazy; the person that gives me all the things I need and so many other things, just because I want them; for giving me hugs and kisses when you come home from work; for holding my hand and cuddling; for showing me daily that you care about me; thanks for being a bold man of God and a strong leader for our family.
I'm blessed to call you husband.
No comments:
Post a Comment