When I weighed this morning, I'd lost 3 of those 4 pounds... in just one week! My motivation is back! :D
We also started incorporating our new diet yesterday, though it wasn't actually suppose to start until today. It's really amazing and hilarious and sad that I had no idea eating more food could be so much better for you. For example, yesterday, I had a turkey wrap on a garden herb tortilla with peppers, spinach, carrots, and a half serving of light ranch. Plus, a half serving of pretzels and an apple. The whole meal was still like 150 calories lower than my usual sandwich and chips. Crazy. Also, I had a 79 calorie snack yesterday: 1 cup of sliced strawberries topped with 2 tbsp of light cool whip and drizzled with fat free chocolate syrup. It eased the sweet tooth and wasn't horrible for me.
I'm also going to work on substituting my 'real' tea with some green tea. Tea is my drink weakness. I've never really been a soda drinker. We never even keep it in the house. The only time we buy it is when we're having like a party/get together. My tea, though, I love me some sweet tea.
I'm still a little nervous at all the diet changes, but I'm more excited about them now. I can totally do this! My diet needs some adjusting and I want this to be a lifestyle change, not a fad. So, I'm going to buck up and just do it. My taste buds need some developing ;)
Oy, we start Insanity Month 2 tomorrow. I am so not looking forward to it :/ Nonetheless, I will do it!
I'm determined to get in shape and be healthy, and I'm well on my way to doing just that!
No comments:
Post a Comment